
If you haven't been in Everlea's room lately or at all, the difference is the changing table is gone and is replaced by her house bookcase. She's officially in a big girls room without the traces of her baby days (except for her cradle that holds all her stuffed animals, but that is a piece of furniture that was handmade, is sentimental to me and I'm planning on passing down to future generations).
I decided to sell her crib and changing table on Craigslist, my new favorite buy and sell site, instead of continuing to store it and ultimately moving with it. I got both pieces used almost 4 years ago for like around $100-$120 (can't remember exactly) and I sold both for $95, so hardly a loss for already used furniture, so was happy about that.
As the guy drove away this morning with the crib (the changing table sold earlier this week) I found I had a little lump in my throat. Not because I feel like our future crib days are by any means over, I definitely feel at some point we'll be thrust into that stage again, but more because it ends a stage of my firstborn. I know in most ways it's been over for awhile now (she hasn't used a crib or changing table for well over a year), but I guess it's more because the bigger symbols of her babyhood were driving away forever.
5 comments:
No changing table! And I guessed it as soon as I saw the pic. I haven't even read yet.
awww..made me teary
I am just jealous you made it that long!! Ava is only 21 months and she's already done with her crib. And naps. Great!!
actually Sarah, Everlea has been done with her crib since last summer, she was around 28 months. She potty trained pretty much that same time, so we've had the crib stored in her closet and the changing table has been in her room, just sitting there. Naps were gone by then too, I remember that part being tough.... for ME! :)
Yeah. I missed naps once Eli stopped, and now it's really bad. 3 kids (since my nephew is living with us for the time being) is WAY worse than 2 not napping. And it makes it worse that Ave doesn't get "quiet time" yet. I miss my naps!!!
Post a Comment