Monday, February 11, 2008

Answer to the Oldest Living Dog...The Winner is...

Kristin S.!!

She guessed 30 years! Here is the actual facts.

Oldest Dog: An Australian Cattle-dog named Bluey, owned by Les Hall of Rochester, Victoria, Australia, was obtained as a puppy in 1910 and worked among cattle and sheep for nearly 20 years. He was put to sleep on November 14, 1939 at the age of 29 years, 5 months.

Wow, pretty amazing! If you do the 7 human years formula, which isn't totally exact but close, that would make Bluey around 200 years old!

I'll get your prize to you next week K! Thanks to those that participated.

2 comments:

steelfamilynh said...

I was just guessing high since it was a world record but really that is amazing! That must have been so sad to put him to sleep after having him for so long.

Wendy said...

yah I can't even imagine...but I'd love it if Rogey lived that long...as long as he was still happy!!