Monday, February 11, 2008

The sticky bun recipe...

There was a request to post the sticky bun recipe, so here is the link. Interestingly enough I noticed the contributor was Cooking Light, so these aren't totally sinful, but pretty close with the sauce. The actual rolls part though does seem to be more healthy as there is little sugar and no butter or oil which I thought was odd...but they were still yummy regardless.

http://recipes.chef2chef.net/recipe-archive/06/041957.shtml

A few things I did different from the recipe. I used light brown sugar. You also could probably use light corn syrup but I had both so I used dark. Also, if you notice at the end of the recipe there is a mixer variation, I used that part as I don't have all the pieces to my food processor. Using that variation it seemed like I used less flour than they called for too...other than that I followed it pretty exactly. Oh another thing I'd suggest is not using a regular mixer to mix the dough (mixer variation). (Maybe everyone would have realized this, but not me, just use your hands instead). :) If you have one of those nice big counter top mixers that'd be fine, but I tried my little mixers and big mistake, for one, the batter started flying everywhere and secondly and most important the dough gets sucked up into the beater holes, that was not fun to clean out. hee hee. Enjoy!

No comments: