Monday, February 4, 2008

Weekend update...

Overall we had a pretty fun weekend. We were supposed to have small group Friday evening but due to some icy wintry mix of bad weather we ended up cancelling it. We stayed home and had a nice family night together and I did #2 on my "love" list below, subjecting Ran to a chick flick of The Nanny Diaries. He's a good sport about CF's thankfully. :)







Saturday we met my good friend Jen and her 2 oldest boys in the center of town for the annual NB winter carnival. We were supposed to meet at 9 a.m. for a sleigh ride (which unfortunately was cancelled much to our disappointment due to the still slushy roads). Ev kept asking all throughout the morning when can we do the horse ride...so we met a little later in the morning for a magician/balloon guy instead. He was pretty good and fun for the kids and Ev got to take home a little yellow balloon elephant. We went from there to the school for lunch and baked goods where they had a ton of homemade soups and concession items to buy (they had a soup contest earlier too). We caught a little bit of a boys basketball game, finished our lunch and went and did some sledding. They have a pretty good hill in town and some teens made a little jump in the middle of it (and with the ice from the night before) kids were flying down the hill and if they caught the jump went flying and usually majorly wiped out. Jen and I decided to give it a go, she on her tube and me on our double tube. She went first and totally hit the jump square on (unintentional on her part), flew through the air and then off her tube backwards and had a pretty hard landing on her back. I didn't know if I should laugh or run to see if she was OK! She was OK, although pretty jolted! Ev preferred to play in the playground at the bottom of the hill so Ran and I enjoyed the sledding more than she did. I wish I'd have gotten some pics of it. Oh well.






Sunday evening we had a Superbowl party, which was fun too, but unfortunately we were not able to send our friends home with hoots and hollers and cheers. I think we all know the outcome of that by now.





Tonight our church is doing their monthly Women's Monday Night fellowship with a Valentine's friends and chocolate theme. Friends and chocolate, a good mix. I'm in the worship group in the beginning so I'll be there (hoping to see some of my girlfriends there too, you know who you are, hint, hint) :)



Anyhoo...that kind of gets me up to date on my blog and life.

3 comments:

The Boisverts said...

I'll see ya at the chocolate fest tonight! Sing your heart out, babe!

The Boisverts said...

PS. I just looked again at your title and it made me think of Saturday Night Live. :-)
Thanks for the update, Tina Fey! (although you're prettier than she is!!!)

Karen said...

Kristin brought it up to me on the phone earlier too....you guys talked me into it:) (As if I need to be talked into chocolate and friends:) I was only hesitating cause Emma's still readjusting to the time change with her bedtime, and I don't like to leave my dad with having to take care of "night nights":) Sooooo as long as she goes down ok I'll be there:) And I REALLY need chocolate to drown my sorrows!!! A great big BOO HOO!!!