Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ooey Gooey Yumminess...



We had some friends over for brunch and a visit after church today. They are a really nice family with 2 of the sweetest girls we've ever met. Everlea had so much fun with the "bigger" girls who were 7 and 9. I decided to make a breakfasty type meal with turkey bacon, scrambled eggs and a big fruit salad and I really wanted to make some homemade sticky buns. I haven't attempted cinnamon buns in a long time, but figured it shouldn't be too bad. My biggest issue was I needed to find a recipe that I could make the night before and cook in the morning. So....I found online a recipe called "Ooey Gooey Make Ahead Cinnamon Rolls." Oh... my.... word... if the name didn't already give away their deliciousness, the taste did....and, it was so convenient doing all the work last night, letting the actual rolls rise in the fridge overnight and cooking them after church. The first picture is what they look like out of the oven, the 2nd pic is what they look like once you invert them onto a plate. You can't have just 1!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummm-eeeee...! 'nuff said
Lis

The Boisverts said...

YUM!!! My stomach is rumbling.

Anonymous said...

Can you post the recipe?

tmf