




Gingerbread style...
This was a daddy and Everlea ongoing December project (Ran wanted to spread it out, so every couple of nights they'd pull it out and work on it). Randy has memories of making gingerbread houses as a kid and wanted to pass on the tradition. I bought all the candy and helped a little decorating near the end but it was mostly their creation. I especially like Santa in the chimney and Rudolph (cute marshmallow figures I found in the store) pulling his sleigh (made of sticks of gum and the ends of candycanes). The whole house was done from scratch (if it was me I would have been lazy and bought a cheap kit at the store, but he insisted on making the dough, cutting out a pattern etc., quite the undertaking. :)
The landscaping isn't done yet and some of the sides a little unfinished, but at least we got the front completed. Kind of like our houses, always little projects left undone! :) Same builder I guess... hee hee
Enjoy Mom S.!! :)
6 comments:
That looks awesome! And yummy:) I don't know how you guys resisted eating the "building materials" before they made it to the house:)
YOU ARE MY HEROS!!!!
I am grinning ear to ear looking at that house; how fun, special and awesome. Here's the thing: I visited my friend Amy this morning and she had a tiny one on her counter and I told her how I have failed as a mother because I too bought a kit and, as "crafty" as I consider myself (apparently NOT!), I could NOT for the life of me get my walls and roof to stick together and not collapse. So the boys ended up decorating individual walls on their plates instead... and, as Karen said, they didn't care b/c all they wanted to do was eat the toppings anyway which they did! But MOMMY wanted a pretty gingerbread house! And boy, do you guys have one! Randy, next year can I watch you make it so I can learn from the pro?? I'm a gingerbread-house-maker-wanabee. :-)
GREAT job!!! (and you can see on Everlea's face that this will be part of her sweet memories of Christmas just like it was for her Daddy when he was a boy!) precious.
I hope Randy called in an inspector before you put Santa on the roof! It looks awesome...they really are tough to do from scratch like that, but fun too.
Oh Karen we ate plenty of building materials :) and Liane it definitely would not pass inspection, one of his roof sides went all wavy after being baked but the icing covered alot! Speaking of which Jen, he made a homemade royal icing that dried like cement, so that's what kept it all together!!
Randy...amazing! I love it! What great memories for Everlea. Someday maybe I'll try it but not this year:)
Great house and awsome dad.
Jen
Post a Comment