Thursday, December 13, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

...just please wait til I get back from the mall! I made the unfortunate decision today to go to the mall around noon today. I had heard the snow wasn't coming til around 4 p.m. (obviously mis-information), so I figured I'd get there by 12:30 and be home by around 3, plenty of time to watch the first flakes of snow drift to the ground from the warmth of my own home. Well, after about 15 min. after getting to the mall, (which by the time we got there was still perfectly clear, not a flake to be seen), someone comments beside me "look at all the snow!" I turned around and looked through the automatic doors, and was amazed at the quantity that was already coming down. So, we hit a few stores and the food court for Ev and then decided we'd better not risk it much longer and decided to head home. Unfortunately, I think everyone in the mall decided that about the same time we did. It took me over 2 hours to get home, normally a 30 min. ride, and 1/2 of that time was just getting out of the mall parking area and onto the highway, which normally takes 5-7 minutes. Thankfully, Everlea fell asleep about 15 min. after getting in the car, so she wasn't bored to tears and I tried to stay relaxed while listening to softly playing Christmas music on the radio. She was quiet for so long sleeping, it caught me by a funny surprise when this little tired voice piped up about an hour in "Make sure you don't crash". Thanks, lovey, I'll do my best. :) Anyways, I'm very thankful to be home safe and sound and I'm thankful for an all-wheel drive vehicle that got me here. (and God's protection of course too!) I've learned my lesson, that when a Nor'Easter is predicted for the day, just stay home, shopping can wait!

3 comments:

The Boisverts said...

Glad you made it home okay! Mark still hasn't even left work b/c of the traffic back up!

I heard the same thing as you did... that the snow wouldn't start until 4! But from when it started snowing around 1 until 2ish I could not believe how much had accumulated; looked like around 2 inches! Crazy but pretty!

Karen said...

Emma and I went out to the mall this morning, and walked out just as it was starting to accumulate. Thankfully we made it home before things got really bad - sorry you got stuck in it:( but very glad you made it home safe and sound:)

the Joneses said...

And this is just one of the reasons I'm glad I live in Virginia, not New Hampshire :)

--DJ