Everlea probably takes longer to eat than anyone I know (besides maybe my great aunt E and that's because she's 90+) and part of that reason is because she talks constantly (I think that was partly Aunt E's problem too... Everlea and her would make great tablemates, although no food would ever get consumed in the process lol). Anyways, tonight's conversation was especially entertaining, so it was hard stopping her long enough to eat, because it was causing me much amusement. She started a dialogue about brothers and sisters, and informed us she wanted a baby sister. This in and of itself was amusing although she's brought that up before, so it didn't totally surprise us. Anyways, she proceeded in telling us all the things she was going to teach said baby sister and I won't be able to recall all of it, but some of the highlights.
Ev: You know what I can teach my baby sister,
Us: What Everlea
Ev: I can teach her how to throw a ball,
" " how to do a fwip (flip)
how to roll over
how to string beads (she's majorly into jewelry making these days)
how to suck food down (then proceeded to shovel spaghetti in her mouth and animatedly swallowed it, then asked if I could do it too) (Randy told her at one point that if she didn't eat herself how was she going to teach a baby sister)
how to make a garden
how to eat vegetables to make her big and strong (she is a pretty good vegetable eater and I do attribute that partly to growing vegetables with her this summer and constantly telling her they make her big and strong).
how to eat applesauce
how to walk in the snow
the list continues, I wish I had a taperecorder to record the whole conversation, but it was funny. I did ask her where we were going to get a baby sister and she said "I don't know" and then continued on to say "well (pause) maybe we could just get a baby puppy or a baby kitty".
...to her credit I know she will make a great big sister one day.... and no this isn't me making any earthshattering pregnancy announcements :) ... I know some of you were thinking that... lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You BUM!!! I almost had a heart attack when I saw your title!!!
But if I find out about a baby sister or brother or baby ANYTHING via your blog you are one dead girlie! :-) (saying I'd better get a phone call or better yet a "ding dong" on my doorbell!)
:-)
LOVED this post; love that girl!
PS... I DO think she'd be a GREAT big sister (*cough*hinthint*cough*)
;-)
LOL Jen - I did a double take too when I saw the title!!! :) So cute - i just love the things that come out of their mouths at this age:)
P.S. Wen so sorry we've hijacked your hubby for the last two evenings - please thank him again for us!!!
Ha Ha... I knew the title would be a tease lol
Post a Comment