Today is another holiday if I was still living in Canada, and it's called Boxing Day. It's the day after Christmas and only the malls I think are open. Growing up I took it for granted that it was just another day off, but this year I decided to find out how it really all started and was pleasantly surprised.
If you are at all curious, here is a link to read more.
http://holidays.kaboose.com/xmas-around-boxingday.html
It's kind of a shame the U.S. doesn't recognize this day as a holiday too. It doesn't affect us too much with Ran being self-employed, but we know friends and family that had to go back to work today. With the busyness of Christmas, it would be nice for this day to be a laid back family day and a day to relax from the previous rush of the season. I also like the fact that it originally was a day based on charitable giving, maybe I'll have to remember that in the years to come and incorporate that somehow into something our family does.
Anyways, enjoy the day!
Christmas day pics forthcoming when I can dig out my camera from out of the box of gifts we brought home late last night from my sister's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment