Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tabletime talk and random chatter

As mentioned in a previous post, Everlea takes forever eating any meals at the table due to non-stop random chatter. The above video is an example of our lunch today. (She was unaware that she was being videoed as I set up my camera off to the side and just pressed play). Sometimes it frustrates me when she takes a long time, but this is also the time she usually says the funniest things too. Also, as I was thinking about it, I'd rather have a child grow up having dinnertime conversations with us than one that never tells us anything. So, I'm hoping for much more tabletime talk and random chatter in the years to come.

FYI (I think you have to press the play button twice for it to work, at least on mine anyways).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep her talking as she getts older you will find out so much about her. Sometimes I just want to say no talking to me for 24hours. Then I realize I would know nothing about my children.That is a sad thought. My children have proven if there allowed to talk about anything they will and do say ANYTHING. Even the stuff we all dread talking about with our children.

ljm said...

That black really is a tricky color...so cute!

Karen said...

How cute is she???? I love it...."this is a tricky one..." So funny. Thanks for sharing:)

The Boisverts said...

The boys and I had a good chuckle over her... she's too cute. And I can verify her chatty nature... she cracked me up a while back when we babysat. She was something like this: "What are you drinking, Mrs. Jen?"
"Water."
"Oh, water?"
"Yup! Do you want water instead of your juice?"
"No. I like juice...
is your water cold?"
"Yes it is."
"Oh, is it as cold as my juice?"
"(giggling), Yes Everlea, I guess it is"
"Oh. My juice is cold.
Is Elijah's juice cold?"
etc etc...
Soooo cute and funny!