Saturday, December 8, 2007

One Stop Shopping...

One stop shopping for all your holiday needs... does that slogan sound familiar? Well it came in handy for me yesterday in an unexpected way. Every year we usually make it a family endeavor to go out and get our Christmas Tree. Well this week due to an unexpected well situation with clients/friends, Randy wasn't available for the night we were going to go tree hunting. We could have just waited til the weekend, but we were having some small group friends over last night for a get-together and I wanted my house at least semi-holiday looking. So, with Everlea in pre-school w/ the addition of you "get a break day" (once a month the school lets the kids stay for the afternoon to play til 4, so I usually utilize it til 2:30 as she is already there from 8:20 in morning, although yesterday she was having so much fun she didn't want to leave, so I might re-look this 4 o'clock thing) anyways..... sorry for that running explanation... I decided to run some errands and potentially go to a Christmas Tree farm I saw online (Ran and I had swapped vehicles that morning so I had his truck). My first stop was the W Supercenter. I got my groceries, bathroom supplies etc. and checked out. As I was leaving I noticed they were selling Christmas Trees there too, hmmm... We tried another W last year and was not impressed at all with their trees, so I wasn't holding my breath. Long story short, I saw a Balsam sitting out front all by itself and it looked pretty nice, but the best part was the sign beside it read $19.98! I usually like to support our little tree place in town, but this year spending $50-60 dollars on a tree just didn't seem to make sense to me. So I looked at some of the other trees inside, but kept getting drawn back to this lone Balsam out front. It really was a nice shaped tree and it was probably over 8' tall, which we wanted a taller tree for our cathedraled living room. So I looked at the tree and said "You sold me" (I don't usually make it a habit of talking to trees, but I was so happy with my find). So this nice Jamaican man loaded it in the truck for me and off I went, very proud of my purchase. It was not the way I pictured getting our tree this year, but I think it all worked out in the end and we were still able to decorate it as a family. So, here's to Sam Walton and his $20 trees.

1 comment:

The Boisverts said...

How great! 20 bucks!!! A steal, especially for such a huge one!

How great, too, that Everlea loves YGAB day, despite her long day there... what a blessing!