This political year is an interesting one...to me there is not one candidate that encompasses all the qualities/character/stand on issues I'd like to see in a president. Even though I'm unable to vote due to my Canadian status I still feel the weight of the voter's decision and it still affects me now that the U.S. is my home now, and is a country I've come to love very much. One thing that interests me, is that many of my friends are divided on who they think should be the next R candidate (not party, that's clearly identified by all of us) so it brings up alot of discussion. There's a quote out there that says you shouldn't discuss politics and religion among friends, but I disagree...I think it's very important and enlightening to discuss both subjects and if nothing else it gets us thinking. We had a friend over last night to watch the debates with us and he and Ran have similar views on political stuff but they still like to debate the nuances of political strategy. I found the conversation last night very stimulating as I've tried to stay up on most of the issues at hand and can contribute at least partially reasonably. I don't begin to understand it all, but at least I'm not naive or oblivious as I've been in years past. Whatever happens, I feel the burden more to pray for the next leader of this country and I do hope the voters get it right.
One last thought, is it illegal to plaster a huge H__ LL___Y political sign with paintballs :) (it just appeared at the corner of our subdivision and it screams at me every time I pull out of my driveway)?? lol JJ
That is one thing all my friends agree on...who we DON'T want as president!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
haha... here's something that will make you laugh! Elijah has been interested in all the political happenings lately with all the signs posted everywhere, etc. So it's been a wonderful opportunity to explain it all to him and he gets most of it which is really cool. The other night we passed a ton of Hillary (gag) signs and I laughed and said "No way!" Elijah asked "what, Mom?" And I just explained to him who she was and that she was running for president and why I don't like her for that job. I also got to explain again though that everyone gets to pick who they like and that when he's old enough and gets to vote that he'll get to pick whoever he wants, even if it's someone different from his Daddy and I! He was like "Ew, no, I will NEVER vote for Hillary!" And ever since, especially today, as he sees signs he'll exclaim "Oh NO! Not more HILLARY!" :-)
Hey, I knew he was smart!!! :-)
The girl who used to live in our current house must have been a Hillary fan because we get some of her "peeps" stop by every day. It's fun to tell them who we (Bri) is voting for and why we're voting that way. It feels like Halloween around here though with how many people are campaigning. It's been kind of a neat experience being right here in the thick of it. The Cassettos took their boys to Elm St yesterday to walk around and experience the media clamor so we might do that for fun tomorrow night. They let Noah walk around with this big camera around his neck and take all the pictures he wanted so they got to meet some famous folks and get tours of NBC HQ, etc. Ev would prob get a kick out of that!!
Lis
Yes, that Elijah is one smart boy! :)
Post a Comment