Saturday, January 12, 2008

Wildlife Encounters

Today for an in-school "field trip" Everlea's pre-school had Wildlife Encounters Educational Traveling Zoo come in with some unique and more exotic type animals. The kids were able to learn about and have a hands-on experience with most of them by touching and/or petting them. The parents were able to enjoy the time also, and I did! I found the presenter (who I also learned was the zoo director) to be very funny, very knowledgeable, and great with the kids. They had an Amazon boa constrictor, a chinchilla, a big black millipede, a cockatoo, a red-eyed tree frog and what I thought was a porcupine, but seeing it's small size (and then double checked their website) missed that it was a pygmy hedgehog. Way to pay attention in class, I know... :)

I also heard that he (the director) is going to be on Martha Stewart this week too with some of his animals so I thought that was kind of cool.

Anyways, I think I enjoyed it as much as the kids and it was fun recalling with Ev to daddy all the neat animals we encountered and experienced today.







1 comment:

ljm said...

CHC has become a zoo!! Ha, ha,ha...ah, guess that's not funny.