Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tuesdays with Murray


Now that she is back in the state again, Great Grandma Murray spends Tuesdays with us. We enjoy her company and Everlea has someone else to play with. :) We usually have a relaxing morning watching the news and playing the card game Golf and then we pick up Ev from pre-school and we continue the afternoon playing games, doing activities with Ev (today it was playdough) and we usually fit in a few episodes of Little House on the Prairie. Everlea usually takes her outside for awhile too and today she demonstrated her sledding tricks for her.

Often when I have her here, and we are alone, I try to ask her a few questions from the past. This morning I asked her if she was ever overwhelmed with 6 children...she didn't recall being so, but her kids were fairly spread apart too. She's a little bit slower in her thought processes, but really does well considering she had a stroke in the past 6+ mos. It amazes me when she can occasionally remember an event that happened more than 80 years ago (I don't even remember what I ate for breakfast half the time). :)

I'm thankful that Everlea is able to cultivate some memories of/with her. We lived in 2 different countries til I was 18, so I don't have too many memories of her when I was a child, so I hope Ev does. I enjoy watching their interaction too, she played hide and seek with Everlea a few months ago and she was hiding behind the couch on her hands and knees. I had to help her back up! She's such a good sport and we love her quiet spirit.

4 comments:

ljm said...

Wow, she is one incredible woman! Love the title...

kat said...

That is so great that she still plays with her. I hope I am that good when I reach that age.

The Boisverts said...

What precious memories. You are a lucky woman to have such wonderful extended family!

Anonymous said...

She is an amazing women. We love her. It is so cool that Ev gets to know her great grandma in such a personal way.