Last night my sister Lisa and I hooked up for dinner and then walked over to the Verizon Arena to watch the Extreme Home Makeover show on the jumbotron. It was a neat experience. It was hard to tell how many were there, but there had to be at least 350+ people to show their support and celebrate along with the Manchester family. It was fun to cheer with the crowd as the show went into commercial breaks, they did some raffles and threw footballs and t-shirts in the crowds too. It was also cool seeing a few clips throughout the program that Lis and I were only a few feet from when they taped it live and seeing the piece of furniture (the bleacher bed) that I helped to sand!
I felt really proud of our little state as so many rallied around this family (and a few other families) to help them. The father stated something at one point in the show, "My community helped my family when I couldn't." That to me epitomizes Matthew 22:35!
3 comments:
Yeah, that was lotsa of fun and an experience that I'll remember for a long time! Even though we just sanded and painted bleacher and race car beds, the comraderie in working with all those strangers towards a common goal was awesome!! To see the final result was really great and amazing it's only a few miles away!! Hey, just realized I'm stealing words from own 'in process' blog writing for today...hmmm.... Favorite quote of the night "These are my people!!"
----Lis
yes, I like that one alot too...gave me goosebumps...
Mark and I watched the 3 hour special that night on WMUR... and both of us cried like babies through the whole thing. We felt so proud to live in NH and so touched to see others live out the fact that is really is more blessed to give than receive!
Post a Comment