So a bunch of our friends tonight were all doing and laughing over our "weird" lists (see a previous post of mine), so I told Ran he was the only one left. The funny thing is, he (we) had a hard time coming up with stuff (maybe again it has to do with thinking about it too much) but after some brainstorming this is his list: (I'm typing what he's telling me, with a few comments thrown in from moi).
1) Extreme pain makes me laugh uncontrollably. (Note: which means when he accidently hurts himself really badly...not other people's pain...in case anyone wondered :)
2) I like snakes but am afraid of spiders. (I told Ran that I wanted to add to this that I actually witnessed him once scream like a girl when his friend hit a huge one off the wall and it flew at us) but he countered with, "I didn't scream, I may have made a high pitched noise and jumped away rather quickly." hee hee
3) I can sew, macrame, like to cook and can make moccasins out of leather. (I'm adding to this that this isn't really weird, just kind of interesting because you wouldn't necessarily know or guess this by looking at/knowing him.)
4) In bible school my friends and I had a secret literary group named after and based on "The Inklings" (a group that included C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien) and we had secret nicknames.
5) When I get overly tired I am emotionally affected by almost any silly thing (commercials, pieces of music etc.)
6) I have a spot on the back of my head that looks like the soft spot on a baby that never filled in. (Ok I'm laughing as I was typing this, so I had to have him keep repeating it to get it word for word. We usually just call it his crater, so when he desribed it that way, it struck me funny).
7) I like getting my blood drawn at the doctors, I think it's cool when they look for a vein etc. (He noted that he doesn't like getting them in his mouth at the dentist though). I'm fascinated with medical stuff. (He watched my entire C-section, his leg getting stitched up etc.)
So, that's all we got...
I'll have to add too that when he gets cravings he likes to make chocolate no-bake cookies, like tonight for example, at midnight.... ok, that's a little weird (I guess my experimental apple oatmeal and zucchini oatmeal cookies, just weren't cutting it... although he claimed they were delicious he was also slathering leftover carrot cake cream cheese icing all over them. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
#4 is hysterial and worthy of some making fun of at some point!
And I'm the same way with #7!!
And now I know if I need to slap you upside the head for something that I'd better watch out for your baby spot!!! heeeheeee....
I'm so laughing about number 1 because I have the same reaction, except not for my own pain but others. Well not so much others, mainly Heath. He gets so mad at me because for some reason when he gets hurt I can't stop laughing - even though I feel really bad for him! (Although it may have something to do with how HE reacts to getting hurt - sometimes there's some slight exaggeration involved:) I think Adam could attest to it from moving day:) And honey if you're reading this - I really DON'T think it's funny when you get hurt - I don't know why I always laugh!
Long live the Inklings!
I hate getting blood drawn - when it happens, I have to look away lest I faint. (Yes, I know, I'm a wimp :) )
Taliesin
Karen that is so funny, because I'm totally the same way with Ran...it's on a fairly regular basis that he hurts himself somehow and it just strikes me so funny...he says I'm unsympathetic, but I really am with other people, Ev, etc. just not with him for some reason!! :)
Post a Comment