Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's Official...sort of...

Well our house is officially for sale. I say sort of because currently we only have it on Craigslist, a free buy and sell site that allows you to list real estate too. At first I was getting a little frustrated because the day after I listed it we started getting real estate solicitations in our email inbox, so I need to amend the ad a little to include something about that.


We didn't really expect to get much (if any) action with this site, but to our surprise before I went to bed last night I checked our email and we have our first real inquiry, so I sent the individual additional pics today... this is a day and a half after I listed it. So, we'll see what happens, we both feel this whole thing is in God's hands. I feel very confident that this is the right direction for us, but it doesn't make it any less scary (for me anyways)! :)


So here is our craigslist listing in case anyone wants to see it. My only disclaimer is that you don't think I'm being pretentious with my overly flowery adjectives in the listing, beautiful, amazing, etc. because I found with listing real estate by owner, I have to describe it from the perspective of an agent and not from a homeowner... if that makes sense. :)


http://nh.craigslist.org/rfs/543922978.html

5 comments:

The Boisverts said...

sniff...
... this makes it too real!
I still refuse to truly process the fact of you guys leaving, and probably won't really until you're driving away! :-(

The house is described perfectly though and the pictures look great.
sniff...

Karen said...

I was thinking the same thing Jen...sniff sniff:( We've really enjoyed getting to know you guys better over the last few months. We'll be very sad to see you go :( but will be praying for you as you embark on this new journey. And I don't think you'll have any problem selling your beautiful home:)

Anonymous said...

hey wendy, tara here. I have been reading your blog for a while, missed that you guys are leaving... if you posted it. Sounds like you are leaving as in out of state. I know I'm quick! Beautiful house by the way!

see ya

Wendy said...

hey tara,

yes we are looking at moving to North Carolina. We are wanting to invest in real estate, potentially a house flip, so that area is looking pretty good for that right now...we are making a trip there next month to check it out and will be visiting with Blake and Carol and will swing up to see Ang and John for a few days too...

Anonymous said...

That's quite the move! Carol must be excited to have you come visit her! North Carolina sounds pretty nice right now, whatever is even a degree warmer than here is good! Good luck, God bless etc....

tmf