Saturday, January 5, 2008

Can you see a common post theme...
















Ok, so another sledding post...but that seems to be our theme for this winter and we are having lots of fun doing it. Actually, I didn't get hardly any pics cause I was so caught up watching everyone and then doing some myself. This morning we had our good friends the Boisverts and Steels over. We were joking that the adults were having more fun than the kids, especially on the Boisvert's big tube. Funny story with our good tube, Randy popped it yesterday while testing out his sledding run that he continues to work on and perfect. So, as a family we piled into the car last night on a quest for another tube. Not one to be found, at least not the adult/bigger kid sized ones...it was pretty frustrating after our like 8th stop, so we decided we'd see what we needed this morning, and if we wanted more tubes our local hardware store had some cheap small ones (which Ran did end out going out to get). By the end of our time outside all the kids had made their way inside and it was just some of the adult "big kids" left. :) We were getting more daring in the things we were trying by then and I had a great wipe out as a result (I'm sure my back is going to be feeling it in the morning as I bounced a few times on my tailbone). I was laughing so hard Jen was asking "are you laughing or crying"?? Then she dove on the tube for her last run with her eyes closed the whole way, which is very disorienting...hilarious! It was the perfect weather day and I could have stayed out for hours (that tells you how nice it was as I'm usually pretty wussy in the cold). I'm guessing the Boisverts will have alot better pics on their blog, as Jen got some good ones.

I just called the Christmas Tree Shop and they have one left and they are holding it for me, it's a big double snow tube, so guess where we are headed this afternoon! A dangerous venture for me though, I'll have to put blinders on when we get there. :)

5 comments:

The Boisverts said...

Whoo, hoo, can't wait to see the double snow tube!!! I thought I was a die hard snow girl, but to drive to CTS to buy a new tube takes the cake... you are more of a snow girl than me!!! Now that's commitment!!! :-)
I had SO much fun today! Wait until you see the pics; I don't have time right now but I'll try to post them tonight... I was laughing out loud at some of them, esp the one of your scary, crazy spill!
Thanks for a good time and for making very sleepy Boisvert boys. :-)

Wendy said...

Jen, it was more of an excuse to go to the CTS...:) plus we didn't have much going on this afternoon and it'll be more fun for us tomorrow. We did get the tube which looks really fun and I got a birdfeeder for $5, so I'll let you know if any birds actually show up!

Wendy said...

...just want to add too that the double tube was only $8.99 a great deal...and Ran blew it up as soon as we got home and tried it out...works awesome! (He's worse than me lol) :)

Karen said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

kw said...

I have a very faint, foggy memory of sliding down the big hill outside the Main House with Randy on the back of his sled when I was little:)That hill looked a lot bigger back then!