So, I went on a mission last week to a nearby Pier 1, we have 2 in opposite directions about 10 min. or so from us, how dangerous is that for me! hee hee. Anyways, in an odd section of the store tucked under some rugs I'd found what I'd been looking for! It's actually a decorative asiany wooden box (for lack of a better description) resting on a stand, but I loved it! The size, color, shape etc. was just right. And, the frugal bargain queen that I am took over once again. It was regular $169 and was on clearance for $69. I managed to dicker them down even further with 15% off because of some blemishes and then got another 10% off with my newly acquired Pier 1 card which brought the price to $53.54. The only problem with all of this was that I needed 2 of them and this store only had the one... so long story short is they called around to a bunch of other stores that claimed to have had 1 or 2 but came up with nothing. When I got home I tried one more store about 45-50 min. from us and lo and behold they had 2 left!!
So, we ventured out on Sat. afternoon to get my 2nd table. They had one new in box and the other a floor model. The lady was about to take the new one to the checkout when I said I actually might take this one (the floor model) if the manager is willing to take some money off for once again some blemishes it had. She said she'd ask but wasn't sure. I walked out of there with my floor model one with an additional 25% off bringing that one to $51.75. YAY!
They are perfect and they look great with my newer asiany bed frame we got a few months back. So hurray, my bedroom is not lacking any further!
Oh and another neat thing that happened that afternoon...to try and turn our 50 min. drive into something more practical than just getting a table, I found a nearby State Park about 15 min. further north. It's on one of the big lakes in the area, and what a great find. It's free to get in and they have some great trails. So we spent the next few hours walking and finding some great little secluded sandy sections you could walk down to from the trails, where Rogan had great fun swimming and Ev and me enjoyed going in up to our knees...the water was a nice temperature, and Ran so wanted to jump in swimming but didn't want to walk back and drive home wet. But, now we know it's there and we'll have to make another visit soon. It also made us want a little motor boat more than ever. Something we've been talking about for weeks now, but we'll likely wait til next summer, hopefully!! We are a water loving family, so it would be fun to spend our weekends on the lake! :)
I'll add a few Lake Norman pics in the next post. But here is my bedroom with my new little box tables...

2 comments:
I love them! They look very good with the new bed.
Good deal, once again! You're a shopping PRO!!! Good for you for getting yet another bargain!
Post a Comment