I met my friend Carol (and a friend of hers) and hit a bunch of community yard sales bright and early on Sat. a.m. I got some clothes for Ev, some arm floaties (something I've been trying to find around here and most places are out cause they are seasonal). I got the ones pictured below for 0.50 cents and they were ones I saw in Target for $10, and they were new in the pkg, so was happy with that find. The church we attend did a children's consignment fundraiser too, so got a few things there as well. It seems other churches in the area are doing the same thing and they have a 2 hr slot at the end of the sale where everything is 1/2 off, so I may have to hit a few more of them this month. :)
In the afternoon we went to see 2 houses with our realtor, they were both good finds and deals, but one went under contract that day and the other I think has offers on it too. So we probably will end up continuing our search.
On Sunday afternoon we decided to make another trip to the Lake, even with the gas prices kind of a crazy range right now and shortages in certain places. We were still able to find gas for $3.85 near the lake and even though we only needed 5 gal., we filled up anyways. After the hurricane (which didn't affect us at all) the prices shot up, but Ran was given a heads up about it at work the day before, so we filled up and were glad we did. It's weird though, depending where you go, even within a mile radius and sometimes even across the street from one another, the prices range from $3.80's to $4.70's. It looks like more had gone down a little as of today and I hope continue to this week.
Anyways... we had a nice time again there at our little private beach area. We came prepared this time with snacks, chairs, my book, swim suits, floaties etc. so we swam, relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful afternoon. I was reading (just finished last night) a great book that I couldn't put down, so I was glad for the time to just chill and read. The water was great too. The only drawback there were my frequent trips to the "wooded facilities" as there are no bathrooms around, the iced coffee I drank en route was probably not the best idea. I did come prepared with a little pkg of tissues, but I was sure I was going to moon someone somewhere in the process at some point. Thankfully it was pretty quiet around where we were, and at one point I had to go so bad I didn't care if I was in a crowd of people. hee hee :)

Ev was able to swim with just her arm floaties and her new one piece speedo which has compartments in the front and back for removable floatie things. We were laughing and saying she was her own personal floatation device.
This weekend did feel like it went especially fast for some reason... and I hate that feeling. I wish long weekends would come around more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment