Monday, September 8, 2008

Aaah, the joy of Mondays...

So I'm sitting in a quiet house, and it's a little weird after a busy and full summer, but, I know Everlea is having a good time in school and it really does allow me to get caught up on stuff... let's see how productive I am this week! :)

It was a rough start this Monday morning. Everlea is so much like me in her dislike of getting out of bed in the morning. It's awesome the majority of the time that she likes to sleep in like myself, except for those mornings that we need to get up at a set time. She did alright for the most part this morning, it takes her a few minutes to get her bearings, but is usually pretty agreeable. I think as we adjust her bedtime a little back each night, it'll get better, although she really is a little night owl and has a hard time falling asleep earlier than 10 p.m. There is the odd morning when she pulls the covers back over her head and Randy laughs and says "You are so your mother's daughter" hee hee.

With her school only 4 min. away and a start time of 9 a.m., we really only have to get up at 8 a.m., which is heaven compared to last year when it was 7:15.

Anyways... all was going well this particular morning when around 8:30 she managed to spill pretty much a whole drinkable yogurt all over the table, my fabric kitchen chair, her nightie, 2 stuffed animals she was holding, her hair and the floor. I always feel so bad for her when accidents like this happen, and despite my frustration I find myself consoling her as she instantly bursts into tears, saying between sobs "I'm so sorry Mama, I'm so sorry it happened" over and over again. Awhile back when a similar juice spilling "accident" happened, after all was said and done she tells me "I know it was just an accident Mama, but I'm still really sorry it happened." How do you ever get or stay upset with a sweet little thing like that!! :)

Despite our unexpected little clean-up in the tub etc., we still managed to get to her school 3 min. early. Oh how I love the close proximity to our house! We did get there to find her regular teacher wasn't there however, another lady was filling in, and I think the unfamiliarity of her made Ev a little more clingy this morning, but thankfully no tears and the teacher was able to distract her as I slipped out.

So, now it's just me and Rogs for a few hours. I'm hoping to get some long put off things done, the one main one thing is getting us set up on an online finance/budget program. I have a few other projects too, some filing and organizing etc., so it's all good.

1 comment:

steelfamilynh said...

Gotta love Mondays! And, go Mom, on the not losing your temper- although I must say it would be hard to get mad with a sweet little reaction like that!