Saturday, September 6, 2008

My little lovey's first day at her NEW pre-school...

Although not her first year in pre-school, she went two mornings a week last year, this was Everlea's first day at her new pre-school here in NC (her first day was technically Sept 2nd, we were in the Mtns still, so she started on the 3rd). She goes three mornings a week, 9 a.m - 12:30 p.m., and it's only like a mile or so down the road, which is extremely convenient (especially for us non-morning people, both of us girls being in that category). :)

So far so good, I really like her teacher, the classes & rooms are small and unintimidating, her friend Carly goes too (although they are in different classes) and it's held in a small baptist church, so they learn their bible stories etc. which I like.



I surprisingly only got mildly teary on her first day on the drive there (as short as it was) when the Plumb song "In My Arms" came on the radio. Good timing! :) I didn't come home to an empty house either which likely helped, L & B were still here...It might be a little different this coming week, as she's my constant little sidekick around here. sigh. Although bittersweet, I know she'll love it (does already) and little breaks for me here and there are healthy for both of us, so all is well...but, it doesn't make it any easier watching her grow up before our eyes, taking those baby steps of increased independence from mommy and daddy. (Although at 4 yrs old I think we are #1 in her book still. :)

I'll leave you with the lyrics to "In my Arms" in case you've never heard it. Such a pretty song, check it out on YouTube, it's worth the listen. :)



your baby blues

so full of wonder

your curly cues

your contagious smile

and as i watch you start to grow up

all I can do is hold you tight



knowing clouds will rage up

storms will race in

but you will be safe in my arms

rains will pour down

waves will crash around

but you will be safe in my arms



story books

are full of fairy tales

of kings and queens

and the bluest skies

My heart is torn

just in knowing you'll someday

see the truth from lies



when the clouds will rage

and storms will race in

but you will be

safe in my arms

rains will pour down

waves will crash around

but you will be safe in my arms



Castles they might crumble

dreams may not come true

but you are never all alone

because I will always

always love you

3 comments:

Karen said...

Love her with her little backpack.....such a big girl!

The Boisverts said...

Love:
-her little backpack
-her tan arms
-the face that she's wearing sparkly shoes just like her Mommy likes to.

Want to cry from:
-how old she looks
-the lyrics to that song!!!!

The Boisverts said...

oops, supposed to say "the FACT that she's wearing sparkly shoes!" :-)