Saturday, September 20, 2008

A big milestone today...

No training wheels!!

Everlea was in her glory, Ran said he had a big grin on his face the whole time, and I had to fight back tears a little... this was just another big milestone that shows me have fast she is growing up.

Ran was a good teacher. He was patient with her and knew when to let go, unlike me that just wanted to hang on and keep her safe. He let her use training wheels for 3-4 weeks, just long enough for her to feel comfortable on a bike and strengthen her legs, but not too long so that she felt she needed them instead of using her own sense of balance. He handled the occasional scraped and skinned knee with high fives, while I inwardly cringed a little. He spent hours with her and didn't squash her enthusiasm when she said "I could do this all day!" He is a good daddy.

She's definitely got Ran's biking genes and we were joking that maybe she'll be the next female freestyle trick rider and Ran said he could even build her a mini ramp in our backyard. Ok so that'll probably happen, never, but it's funny to think about. lol. She already watches daddy doing tricks on his freestyle bike and tries to do her version of it (very cute and funny) and says "look at me mama I'm doing a trick!) :)

She also told him today that "the bike is like a part of me" and later she said "this is so fun it's like a party."

Her joy was contagious and her tenacity was admired by one proud mommy and daddy.




3 comments:

ljm said...

That is awesome! Go Everlea.

steelfamilynh said...

That actually is very impressive! How old is she again? 4 right? Cause that is actually young to be able to ride without training wheels- especially for a girl! You go girl! I loved the bike is a part of me comment. And I loved hearing your laugh on the video, Wen! It made me miss you!

The Boisverts said...

Smiling ear to ear right now! GO Everlea!!! I'm so proud of you! Just wait until I show the boys your new big-girl skill when they see these videos!!!!

Ditto Kristin on hearing your laugh, Wen!