Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Today was a good day...

Today was one of the those days that I can look at and say, it was a good day today...
Some of the highlights: I got my NC driver's license (passed the written (computerized) 25 question test. It may sound funny but I was wicked nervous about it, mostly cause it's a crazy long wait (was there for almost 3 hours from start to finish) so I didn't want to repeat that, plus I just didn't want to FAIL and pay another $32. :) Ran got his a few days ago. To pass the time I studied the manual but most of the time a fun & friendly lady and her two teenagers were sitting beside me and we chatted for quite some time, so that helped in whittling down the hours, and hallelujah when my number was finally called I passed! :)
Ran also called to tell me (while I was at the DMV he took Ev around to toy and dept. stores to kill time) that he's starting work tomorrow!... so I'm really happy for him and of course getting a paycheck again will be nice.
Ran fixed my brake pads yesterday and today we got my car registered and that was the last of what we needed to get done for running around stuff (it's been a little crazy the last few weeks getting things changed over, new accts, furniture shopping etc. etc., I was just so thankful with the timing of it all, that he's starting work the day after we got everything important completed that we needed to do together. God is good with timing stuff. :)
Some minor but still good things that continued to make my day happy...
I got my cool new hand blown glass hummingbird feeder from UPS today.

We finally got our subdivision pool passes in the mail.

...and, it's a beautiful evening so Ev and I are hanging out in the backyard (with no mosquitos or black flies), she's playing with her roly poly (a type of bug here that she likes) as I update my blog.
so yep, it's been a good day.

4 comments:

The Boisverts said...

Love the feeder and was just about to email you to see how the test went so I love the fact that you passed and that's all done with for you guys! And tell Ran congrats on the new job!!!

Sounds like a very good day indeed. Love ya! (ps... sent Ev's coloring pages from the boys via the post office today, too, so watch the mail soon!)

Karen said...

Oooooh the bird feeder is GORGEOUS - where did you find it???

Oh - I love roly polys - we used to play with them all the time when I was a kid - those and lightning bugs were about the only one's I'd touch:) Glad you had a good day....it's a beautiful evening here tonight too, so we can enjoy it "together" :)

Anonymous said...

Karen I got the feeder from Cabelas. it's 19.99 + s/h but I only paid $1.55 cause I had some cabela points for a future purchase from a previous purchase. :) (3 colors to choose from, yellow, teal and purple)

Yes, roly polys (I think I like the name better than the actual bug :) and lightening bugs (also in great abundance here in our backyard in the evenings, that we all love to watch), the 2 GOOD kinds of bugs. :)

steelfamilynh said...

I'm so glad you got one of those feeders. I regretted not going back and getting you one from that place we saw them up north. It is beautiful! I hope you get some to visit. We have still not had any at ours. Always a good day when you can get things accomplished and checked off your list. It sounds like you all are having a good time down there and fitting right in. It is so good to see- just seems like it was the perfect move for you.