Friday, June 13, 2008

Yay! Back online...

Hmmm, where to begin....


Well I'll update a little on the closing which was a week ago today (wow we've been here almost a whole week hard to believe!). We got the official word at 10 a.m. and closed at 3 p.m. that day. It went smoothly, however, we didn't see the buyer (well I didn't) because she didn't come til 3:30, so we signed our few papers and then had to swing by later to pick up some stuff from her and Ran just ran in and did that.


We didn't get complete closure with the rent situation, but it was an ending that I at least felt at peace with. The buyer is on a payment plan with us for the remaining rent owed. We have no idea if we'll ever see the rest due us, but at this point that is between her and her conscience (God :). We have it in writing, but still, we'll not pursue anything legally if she doesn't pay it. It just wasn't worth the stress. I learned some lessons through this situation and I really believe all the prayers being prayed for us made a difference in the end result.


So, we said some hard goodbyes (to loved friends and family, it was a very emotional day for me and a rough time for Ev saying goodbye to her 2 good buddies too) and wrapped a few things up that day and we headed on the road that evening. The trip overall went well.


I'll have to add one funny story that happened at one of the hotels we stayed at, as after it happened I told Ran, I'll have to blog that! hee hee Whenever we leave any hotel room either he or I will check under the beds to make sure that nothing got kicked under and ultimately forgotten. Well some funny room decorator must realize that alot of people do that, so along the underneath bed frame it's lined with a mirror. So, when Ran looked under the bed someone was lying under the bed staring back at him and he was quite startled. Of course it was just his own reflection!! When he told me what happened we got a good laugh about it, or I had a good laugh at his expense and whenever I think of it, it makes me chuckle.


We got to our rental house on Sunday and we were met here by our friends the Andersons.

...and so begins the next chapter...

No comments: