Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We're Going Places with God

One of the things I was bummed about missing when I thought we were going to be in NC weeks ago, was Everlea's end of school program and final picnic. But, what do you know, we are still here so we were able to attend.

The program theme was 'We're Going Places with God' and all the different age groups had their picture in either a hot air balloon, boat or train. At the end of each aisle was their name and either Drive, Place, Court, Ave. etc. (a road name). The kids sang many songs they learned throughout the year and Ev lasted for a few minutes up front with a teacher, but because we were rushing to get there from the DC a teacher whisked her up front and because she hasn't been to school in a few weeks I think she was a little confused, tired and extra emotional. So as soon as she saw me stand up to take a picture she broke down crying and ended up watching the rest of the program with me. It was slightly odd behavior to me, because these last few months she's turned into a little social butterfly, but our world lately has been a little upside down so I understood how she was a little out of sorts. Anyways, I was glad we were there and so were the teachers. As each child went up to receive their little certificate, a teacher read out loud what the child wanted to be when they grew up and what mom and dad did for a living.

This was what was read when we walked up... "When Everlea grows up she wants to be a princess, her mom makes her pizzas and her dad gets lots of splinters" (something like that, can't remember the exact words). I thought that hilarious as I've never made a homemade pizza since she was born and we maybe have pizza once a month. The splinter thing with daddy was pretty right on though, :) she comes up with some funny things about us sometimes, quite the imagination.

After the program our friends Mark, Elijah, Logan and Cam picked us up and we enjoyed the picnic at the tracking station. It was a beautiful day and the kids had a great time.

I was telling someone the other day, despite all the stresses of the delayed closing, there has been some bright spots, and being able to attend this event was definitely was one of them.





No comments: