Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our new bed... hurray!

We were able to pick up our new bed frame on Monday, and our new mattress came UPS that same day!! Last night was day two on our bamboo covered memory foam bed and so far so good. We find it really comfortable (the bamboo fabric is wicked soft and breathable).


I love our new bed frame too, I'm not sure we've ever had an actual frame with headboard etc. since we've been married, so it's been nice to have this new addition to our bedroom. It's simple and slightly asiany (is that a word hee hee) and we turned it from a panel bed into a platform bed with Ran adding plywood to the inside/bottom of it.
It's nice for Ran and I to actually be sleeping in the same bed again...:) as the blow up bed was hurting his back so bad he was sleeping next to me on a thin piece of foam on the floor.
So that was the last of the furniture we needed except for a few small bedside tables which I'm planning on getting at Target. Oh and a computer chair, but there isn't any hurry on that.
It's nice to be done with all the furniture shopping for now, but it sure was fun getting the few new pieces. :)

3 comments:

The Boisverts said...

very cute!!!!

Karen said...

I'm so jealous:) I can't wait until we can get a new mattress (and frame - we too have never had an actual "bed" either!) I love it - that's very similar to what we've been looking at - simple and dark wood. Looks great!!!
BTW - Target does have some really nice accent tables - I actually picked up two for our living room a couple weeks ago, and I was actually really impressed with the quality for a really great price!

steelfamilynh said...

Love the bed too!