Thursday, June 19, 2008

My new kitchen table...


We had our old kitchen table for as long as I can remember; we were long overdue for a change but it was never a priority, so when we moved we gave our old one to U. Lyle so we'd have an excuse to get a new one when we got here. We've done quite a bit of looking in the past week and have seen ones we've liked but not necessarily the price. Well on our way home from an errand yesterday we stopped into a furniture store I've been wanting to check out and headed to the back to their clearance section (or bumps and scratches section). We've gotten alot of name brand furniture (in NH too) in this part of the stores. I saw the table and chairs right away and was like "ooh yah I like that". I liked the price even more. The same table was on their floor for almost double the price but this particular one had a dinged corner which isn't noticeable unless you sit on that side. So I'm very happy with finally a new and more contemporary/stylish table and it has a hidden leaf that makes the table bigger when we have company. We also bought a cool bed frame too (on a great sale in their regular section), I was in the market for a platform bed, this one is called a panel bed that looks similar and Ran can easily put the wood at the bottom to turn it into one that'll work for our new PacBamboo Memory Foam Mattress coming hopefully early next week. I'll get more pics when I get them all set up, as well as inside pics of the house which I haven't gotten to yet, I wanted all the rooms set up before I post them. It's just fun to finally replace an outdated piece of furniture, and my philosophy is that there is a great deal out there just waiting for me to find! :)

2 comments:

The Boisverts said...

Love it!! And I love that you AGAIN found a bargain... you are sooo great at that!!!! Love the eating area in the kitchen, too! Great windows. (I see lots of bird watching in your future from that table!!!) :-)

steelfamilynh said...

I LOVE the table and it would be exactly what I would pick. Could you be my personal shopper??:)