Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Living in Limbo-Take 3


Welcome to our 3rd location in over 3 weeks; if it wasn't so pathetic I'd laugh out loud and likely will one day. We are now staying at a parsonage owned by CHC, it's the house Randy's parents used to live in. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for a roof over our heads and the house is spacious, however, it is mostly empty. We decided to stay in and use one room for all of us, using the bathroom and the kitchen (on a very limited basis). (I will note that when we came here we thought it would be from Sat. night to Mon./Tues. the latest).
We are sleeping on an air bed, Everlea on a crib mattress on the floor we found up in the attic. We had some bedding in Ran's truck but we are borrowing towels.
There is no TV, so I watch the occasional rented or library movie on the computer after Everlea goes to bed; Ev has little to no toys or books here, so we try and spend most of our time outside. Today we went to the Deering Reservoir for a few hours as a family which was nice and the weather was beautiful. Ran is going to try and work for the next 2 days and tomorrow it is supposed to rain, so I'll have to get creative. :)

Suppers are getting interesting too, last night we got a rotisserie chicken and some corn on the cob. We have some paper plates, plastic cutlery and cups, but we have no pots and pans, utensils, bowls, spices, etc. etc. So Ran wet the corn in the husk and microwaved them. Not too bad. Tonight we had the leftover chicken and grilled some summer squash and zucchini on the grill, which I ate as is (pretty yummy) and Ran turned his and Ev's into soup, adding the chicken and veggies to Ramon noodle soup. He also seasoned the veggies with a little of the soup powder. They ate it out of 2 mugs we happened to have with us in the car. Did I use the word pathetic yet in this post? I really am laughing as I type this...it all seems really funny to me all of a sudden as I read it back to myself, maybe it's the insanity kicking in. :)

It is looking like the closing will be on Friday a.m. (as told to us today by the mortgage broker) but we have yet to have confirmation from the closing co. and will not take her word until we get the call from them. It's a long story, one I'm not going to type out in this post, but we made mention of getting a real estate lawyer involved and we started getting people taking us seriously...or so we hope. We should know for sure tomorrow and if not, a lawyer will definitely be getting involved. Another part of this continuing drama has been issues with the buyer of our house. We've been renting our house to her these past 3+ weeks and have accommodated her in every way possible and recently she informed us that we were charging her to much and she didn't want to pay the whole amount owed. We are hoping and praying all of this will be resolved peacefully this week and that this story will have a happy ending.
Thanks for all the prayers sent our way...
oh and I have to make mention of Everlea's response when we got to the parsonage on Saturday night...as she walked into the big empty rooms of the house she exclaimed, "this is great, this is like a dream come true." Either that girl needs to dream bigger or we need to see life more through her eyes (or maybe a little of both... hee hee).

4 comments:

The Boisverts said...

Awww, Wennnnnn.... I'm half-smiling and half feeling so bad for the situation. Randy's concoction of Ramen soup and the additions was pretty clever, I must say! You guys sure are resourceful. And patient!!!!

I love love love Everlea's take on it. "A dream come true." How precious. (heehee...more like "a nightmare come true"...just kidding.) She really has things in perspective.
Love ya guys and looking forward to seeing ya one more time at least before the closing Friday.

ljm said...

I love how you wrote, "this girl needs to dream bigger", that made me laugh. I can't imagine the stress esp. with the buyer issues.

I'm reading the Little House on the Prairie to Ethan and the part about Randy fixing up food somehow reminded me of making do, pioneer style. Although I guess Pa didn't do much of the cooking! Hope you aren't stuck forever in the Big House on the 7-Acre Piece.

Wendy said...

ha ha Liane, actually when we were living in the cabin last week LHOTP kept coming to mind as it was a little house in the big woods with no insulation and you could see through the slats in the wall and floor boards and we heated it by wood stove (& thankfully a few propane heaters too). Not really sure how they did it back then... :) thank goodness for modern plumbing and conveniences at least. :)

Carrie said...

I feel for you guys, I hope everything goes well and you are able to close this week. We were in limbo about being able to close on our new house until about a 1/2 hour before the closing!! AAAHHH!!! So much stress. And it's not like moving and packing isn't enough work by itself!