Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What do you think?

The next....

American Idol, America's Got Talent, The Next Great American Band? lol



In case you are wondering if this is torture to a dog... here's some facts from online...it's actually quite a social behavior...

Many people believe that dogs howl due to sound hurting their ears. This is not true. Dogs howl as a pack-response to another 'howl'. This other 'howl' could be your finest singing, some music playing on the radio or even a police siren. This pack instinct, to howl dates back to their wolf ancestors. Wolves howl in packs as a means of communication.

Howling to music: dogs have approximately the same hearing range that humans do, but they can detect much smaller changes in tone. Their hearing is much more sensitive -- like a person with perfect pitch, compared to someone who is tone deaf. If a musical howler didn't want to hear the song, he could just leave the room. By joining in, he is taking his place in the pack as they raise their voices in song.

I find it pretty funny. I've been practicing some music lately and Rogan will sit beside me and howl to certain songs. Ran's electric guitar playing, Evelea's kazoo toy and sometimes when she cries sets him off (which turns into quite the cacophony!) Singing Happy Birthday will set him off 100% of the time too!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny! As I was playing it Piper came running in from another room to see where Rogey was. She started sniffing at my computer and whining along with him....too cute! (this is me smacking my lips together like we do)
Lis

steelfamilynh said...

I think I might have smacked too. Just kidding. It looks like Rogan has musical talent like the rest of the family:) Too cute!

Anonymous said...

so very cute!

Jen

Karen said...

That was too funny - Emma is already begging to watch it again - she points at the screen as gets all excited "pup pup" she calls him:)

The Boisverts said...

I know it was cute seeing him doing that in person the other day, but for some reason I think this video is even cuter!!!! How funny is he! I agree with Kristin; he just fits right in with the family's musical ability!

Barefootmama said...

Well Remi and Rory love whatever Rogan was singing, they perked right up and I thought for sure that they were going to chime in.

Thanks for the info, Scott will love to know that.(tell you more detail on why later :)!)

-Melissa