
Anyways, in thinking about Ev's birthday presents this month, I thought it would be neat to get her her own apron. I remembered that my friend Carey makes and sells them for little girls, so the other day when we were at their house I had my choice of three already made up. They were all so adorable, but I chose the one I liked the best (and ultimately had Ev come up to get her opinion since it was for her). She picked the same one I did (mother/daughter intuition, hee hee).
When we got home I had her try it on because I wanted to make sure it fit her and got some pics. She wanted to bake something right away but I told her it was for her birthday so we wrapped it back up and put it away.
Carey makes them in the style of the 50's aprons (I think that's the right decade) and they are reversible which I thought was really neat. I love the fact that it's homemade and I thought it would be a sweet gift that maybe she could pass on one day. I can picture it "and children this is the apron I wore when I was a little girl", but who knows how it'll hold up when you combine a 4 year old and baking, we'll see...) :)


Here is her website in case anyone is interested in checking out some of the others things she sells. She has a petit line especially for little/young girls so if you are trying to find a unique and handmade gift, check it out.
http://www.adriannedesigns.com/
These are some of her handbags, I really like, for us "big girls" too. :)
http://www.adriannedesigns.com/shoppursestotes2.html
5 comments:
What a great site she has! What talent. I can't wait to buy something from her... although what I'd really love is a me-sized apron! I've never had one and I love the ones she has for the little girls! I think I'll just wait for the next bday party for a little girl we have to go to... I love the petit purses for girls, too. Very cute! And Everlea looks like an absolute doll in her gift, too.
Actually Jen I just realized when I looked at her etsy site that she does sell woman sized aprons too. Not the same style as the little girls, but still pretty & reversible. You can see them if you click on the adriannedesigns.com/etsy link right on the homepage.
Very cute!
So cute!!! I will definitely be checking out her site! Thanks for sharing:)
I love her apron! She looks so sweet!!
Post a Comment