Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Jambog Entry Phase 2

I just found out that Phase 2 of the Jambog contest is that we are to take our 4 item descriptions and turn them into a very short bulleted story with 1 of 3 scenarios given (and ultimately solve the crisis). This was the scenario I chose from the list:


Scenario #1: The president has just been kidnapped by terrorists. You, as the special agent, are transported to their stronghold. How do you rescue the president?


- When I arrive at the stronghold, the terrorists insist that they will only release the pres if I have some ransom "money" brought in. I call Ran and tell him I need cash quick, but because he has such poor cell coverage in our town, he can no longer 'hear me now', so I was unable to elaborate before being disconnected, and as a result he brings me http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.pawprintgarden.com/Photos/sires/cash1a.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.pawprintgarden.com/siresl.htm&h=451&w=363&sz=26&hl=en&start=37&um=1&tbnid=3B5FDi-_zdh6dM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=102&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcold%2Bhard%2Bcash%26start%3D21%26ndsp%3D21%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN


- the terrorists are not amused. Thankfully he showed up in our new "toy"
http://www.sandemanyachtcompany.co.uk/uploads/114/TIMELESS_C_1.jpg
and we were able to sneak off (details of the rescue cannot be revealed for security purposes) and we jumped in and sped away.

- The terrorists were captured soon afterwards and imprisoned. Their captors were told that they were to be subjected to "something old and something yellow", but because this occurred down south, there was some confusion and instead they were subjected to watch http://www.teachwithmovies.org/guides/old-yeller-DVDcover.jpg over and over until they confessed and were completely emotionally drained.


- A few weeks later I arranged a meeting with Dr. L and we both agreed that her "book" entitled http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060520620?ie=UTF8&tag=momdadchat-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0060520620
should be changed to "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, So They Don't Feel the Need to go out and Become Bad Guys". Later that year the new edition was distributed world wide.

the end.

(hee hee, I'm aware of the cheese factor of my story, but hey it was fun, thanks SJ)

No comments: