and a few updates...
First of all I've been out of commission the last few days partly because I've had a sick/feverish/lethargic little girl with the flu. She is doing better today, and almost back to 100%, which I'm very thankful for. Our trip to the pediatrician yesterday was not fun to say the least, because it required a strep test (a swab at the back of her throat) and a flu test (a swap stuck up her nose for 30 sec.). The combination of those 2 tests caused great upset, screaming and crying, gagging (due to her poor gag reflexes) and a coughing fit that almost resulted in her throwing up. Good times! The flu test came back positive, but I think we had weathered the worst of it earlier on in the week.
The other part of my absence from blogging was due to the fact that although I've been on the computer a ton this week, it's been almost constantly checking out NC real estate listings...which means yes, we have a contract on our house. We sold it without a realtor, in 5 weeks, and although not for quite what we wanted, considering this to be a poor real estate market, probably a pretty fair price. The buyer is wanting to close mid-May, so that is what we are looking at for a move.
It's hard to believe that this is actually becoming real. We feel with how quickly our house sold etc., that this is the right timing and part of God's plan for us. Who can ever really know something like that for sure, and I will admit it's been somewhat of an emotional roller coaster for me, exciting and scary all at the same time, but I believe (and hope) this is a good step for our family... and hey if we hate it we can always move back, right? :)
Thanks for all the prayers from friends and family. We could not do this unless we had the support from those we love the most. Well maybe we could technically, but it would be so much more unpleasant. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to hear Ev's feeling better and that your house is under contract! Exciting times for you guys!
Lis
:( I'm getting sad already...but seriously I've been thinking all along this is definitely a God thing, and we're really excited for you guys!
You know how I feel about it all.
sad and yet happy.
glad ev's on the upswing...
love ya guys!
Post a Comment