Tuesday, March 25, 2008

13 years ago today...

Ran and I stood in front of 150+ people and promised to love each other, through richer and poorer in sickness and in health....



I think in the past 13 years we've gone through all that and then some. I think the vows should have stated I'll love you through 6 moves and potentially a 7th to NC, church and job changes, building and selling 3 houses, cars breaking down, a dog, a child (and all the wonders and stresses that brings with it), etc., etc., etc.

...which brings us to today our 13th anniversary which looks a little like this...




Everlea was awake alot in the night with a high fever and head and body aches which has carried into today. Randy has an upset stomach too. I'm just tired and awaiting a call from the pediatrician because the tylenol isn't taking the fever down.

Happy Anniversary Hon!!



...but seriously, I'm thankful to have weathered all the storms and sunny days with my best friend, I'm grateful that in many ways all that we've been through has built up and made our marriage stronger and that we still love and are in love with each other and can look forward to the next 13+ years of whatever life brings our way.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ran+Wen I'm so sorry that you're all feeling so crummy on your anniversary,but are praying for you.May God bless and guide you in the year ahead in all your decisions and dreams.We love you each dearly.I pray you each feel better very soon.Much love Dad +Mom Lxxxxxooooo

Anonymous said...

Congrats on thirteen years! Praying Eve gets better soon and God blesses you with many more years together.

Jen

Barefootmama said...

Congratulations on 13 wonderful years ! May you have 60+ more, I am so happy that we got to know each other a little bit more these past weeks and months.

Best wishes in what ever God has planned for you and your family!

always have you in prayer.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!! Hope you got our e-card! Feel better soon! I'm finally succumbing to going to the doctor tomorrow...
Lis, (Bri & Piper)

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple:) So excited to see what God has in store for you in the years to come!

steelfamilynh said...

Happy Anniversary! You both are wonderful and it is obvious that you are great for each other!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, your post sums up being married with children. Happy anniversary, but the baby is sick. That happens so much in life, and that's what makes the journey so great with a great spouse and kid(s). Congrats!!!