Friday, April 25, 2008

Yard sales, road trips and packing...oh my!

Thought I'd get in a new blog post, while I have a few minutes of quiet here at home. Now that grandma and grandpa have descended on the scene this a.m., Everlea has a constant playmate, and is currently gone with them to their truck to get their stuff.

Anyways, what a week. I'll go back as far as this past Sat. a.m. My friend Jen organized, promoted and hosted a yard sale with some help and yard sale items/donations from other families too. All the proceeds were going towards the Street Family project, a family in our church that were in the running for the NH Extreme Home Makeover but ultimately weren't chosen. They have a disabled son and their home isn't set up in a way to accommodate a special needs child. A couple of different organizations are pitching in time, materials, labor etc. to help out this family.






It was hard to have any expectations for the event, because with yard sales you just don't know who is going to show up. But, it was a beautiful day and to make a long story short, dozens of people showed up (some even coming earlier than the 7 a.m. start time) and we were thrilled with the final numbers and the generosity of the buyers plus outside donations. It was just a great example to me of how God can go above and beyond our limited expectations and I we were grateful for all who participated and donated.






Straight from the yard sale we went home got some final packing things done, etc., and headed on our road trip to NC. Our purpose for this quick trip (our time actually there was Sun. afternoon to Tues. evening) was to try and get a rental house nailed down, which we found one we thought would be a good fit, but are not sure it's going to work out. There were others we liked but didn't meet all our needs/wants, 6 mos lease, allows a dog, fenced yard, etc. It was a little hard driving away without a deposit in place for a house, but we still have a realtor working on things down there for us and we are trusting that God will help us find the right fit. The trip itself was long, but we broke it up into 2 days (both there and back) that made in more bearable/doable and Ev was once again a trooper with being stuck in her car seat so long. We enjoyed another visit with our friends who will be seeing alot more of us in the next month or so. I really can't get my mind around how quickly time is moving now to our close date. Some days I get a little overwhelmed and sad, but for the most part I'm excited about the house flip prospects there and the new adventure before us.



Today my parents arrived and it worked out perfectly time wise so that they got in to town as Ev and I were on our way to a playdate with our good friends at the Bounce U place again, so we met at a gas station and picked up grandma, and grandpa went on to our house. We had a great time and Ev was even brave enough to try some of the things she was afraid of last time.







So, that gets me back up to date. I know the next few weeks are going to be a whirlwind of packing, cleaning, organizing etc., plus I'm doing a moving/yard sale next Sat., but now that my mom is here it'll be a little easier with Ev.

The buyer of our house is moving out next week, so she's wanting to swing by on Wedn. This will be her first time seeing the house in person...pretty crazy! :) She's very excited and it'll be interesting meeting the person who is hopefully going to love our house as much as we have.

3 comments:

The Boisverts said...

She will love the house I have no doubt about that! But I know we won't love her as much as we love the current homeowners. :-)

PS: the pics you got of your Mom and Ev together are priceless!!
PPS: You know you can call on me for help on anything on your title list! I'm just a call away.

Barefootmama said...

Any help you need Wendy, just let us know. We have plenty of space in our barn loft for storage if you need that as well.
As you know, we recently went through a whirlwind of emotions with our move. though the move was much shorter than what is ahead of you, I know the feelings and want to extend my help to you and your family any way we can. Nothing is to small. :)

The Boisverts said...

haha... I just looked up close at the picture of you and I outside bright and early at the y.sale. We look so pretty... NOT!!!!!

ha!