Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A fun afternoon...

Well Ev is back to good health today, thank goodness, hopefully no relapses in our near future, and so she headed back to school this a.m.

After picking her up from pre-school I was headed home and kind of last minute decided to go into the city instead and do some browsing/shopping at my favorite kids consignment store and then to the mall.

As I was perusing the consignment store looking for deals, I realized I needed to start thinking of buying Ev summery clothes, because in 6-8 weeks we'll be in summer weather. It's hard to believe still, but it sure was fun. I even found some bargains, including a cute brand new (still with tag) brown Old Navy summer dress, a cute skort and tank top, all for $7. Then we headed to the mall and Ev picked out some cute lime green (plastic like the croc material) shoes from Children's Place and I let her get a pair of matching sunglasses. I also found an adorable springy sweatshirt for her at O.Navy too for $4.99.

So that was fun getting out of the house and finding some bargains, especially after last week with being housebound with a sick child and going a little stir crazy. It was also nice not having a specific shopping agenda because it made it a more relaxing and fun experience for the both of us!

Gotta mention that the weather was so awesome today too, it got up to 60+ degrees at one point....yay for spring!

3 comments:

The Boisverts said...

Glad you had fun girl time!

Glad she's on the mend!
What a cutie; nice shades, Ev!

Karen said...

So cute:) But do you have to rub it in about warm weather???? :) Although I'm thinking maybe spring is actually finally here - it's so beautiful today!!!! Of course then I look at the forecast for tomorrow.....43 and rainy....bleh!!!!

steelfamilynh said...

What a deal!! I love the dress! Oh to have a girl...but no I am done:)