Tuesday, April 29, 2008

In the car today...

Everlea: when am I going to be a mother?

Me: when you grow up (can't remember my exact words but that is the gist)

Everlea: hmmm I think maybe when I'm six...

Me: well I think you have to be older than six.

Ev: you mean when I'm in my twenties?

Me: yah that's more like it...

Me: but you have to get married first before you become a mother...

Ev: I do?

Me: Yep

Ev: But I don't want to...

Me: well that's the way it works, you find a nice boy, you get married, then you become a mother.

Ev: oh...I think I want to wear your beautiful wedding dress, do you still have it?

Me: yah I'll have to try it on for you sometime...

Ev: 'laughing' wouldn't it be funny if I wore it and it covered my face...that'd be funny right mama if I wore your dress and it covered my face.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh she cracks me up:) Yes Ev - that would be very funny:)Maybe not so much to your future husband though....:)

The Boisverts said...

funny girl.

Anonymous said...

EV is a funny one. happy your back blogging....missed you.
Jen

steelfamilynh said...

The stuff that girl says...she makes me laugh:) It will be great for you to look back on this some day and read all these great stories- but I am so glad for the laugh now:)