So Everlea woke up on Monday saying that her neck hurt, so I swept her hair aside to find a nasty, awful, horrible, vile (if I was a swearer this is where I would insert some expletives that is how disgusted I feel about them) little deer tick embedded into my precious girl's little neck (she had been playing outside the night before for a long time and I didn't think to check her before bed). So thankfully Ran was working at a job right in town, so I called him to come home and help me remove it. Poor Ev screamed her head off while Ran tried to get the nasty creature out of her neck, leaving the head behind and having to excavate that out too. It was pretty awful and I felt so bad for her. Unfortunately Ran washed it down the sink as unbeknowst to us you can bring them to the dr.'s and they can actually send it out to the lab to do some type of genetic testing on it to see if it's a Lyme carrier. I'll definitely be remembering that for next time (which I hope is never)!So I called her dr. and the nurse said to just keep an eye on the red spot, note any flu like symptoms and whatnot. I told them she was due for her annual checkup so I made the appt. for the next day in hopes that they'd check that out for me at the same time.
Ran ended up bringing her to her appt. as we knew shots were going to be involved with the annual exam and sure enough the poor thing was due for 4 of them. Ran had to hold her arms while two nurses got on either side and did them in rapid procession. Much screaming/crying ensued, but she got through it.
She ended up getting the male doctor that was in the office that day (she usually has a female one we are used to) but Ran said he was really good with her and was asking her all about princesses, her favorite one and whatnot, so that was nice to hear. He told Ran, "yah I have to keep up on all the princesses etc. with all my little patients". hee hee. He did feel though that we should get her on antibiotics for the tick bite as they don't like to mess around with the Lyme possibility with children. So that is something that is weighing on my mind a little. She'll get a blood test in a few weeks to determine if her body created the antibody and if not she can go off the antibiotics cause that would mean the tick wasn't a carrier. All of this because of one evil little bug!! Arg... I don't know if you all remember my previous post about Rogan being affected with a tick/Lyme's, so the concern is definitely there.
Part of the reason I had Ran take her in is I find those yearly appt.'s with shots really emotionally draining (and it's not like life is totally stress free right now) and she had an appt. last month testing for the flu that was hard on her too (so I knew she was fearfully anticipating the visit already). We thought it might be good for her to try going with daddy to see if it might help with her being more strong/brave as sometimes with mommy the sympathy factor is there a little more (if that makes sense). Anyways, about an hour after coming home from the appt. Ran says to me, "boy, I see now what you mean about those appt.'s being emotionally draining", but said it was good that he got a turn to experience it.
Anyways...
another interesting thing happened too last night around 9:20 p.m. A car pulled down the driveway and turned around at the end and just was kind of sitting there. I got a little freaked out, because we didn't recognize the car. Ran poked his head out the front door and it turns out it was the lady buying our house. She had just flown in that evening and was so anxious to see her new house she asked her sister to drive her by (I think her sister was a little embarrassed/apologetic). It was a little weird, but I kind of understood her excitement too, seeing as she's never seen it in person yet (and has already put a big deposit on) and is closing on it in a few weeks. She came by again with her brother-in-law this a.m. and everything went well (I took off with Rogan and Ev to get a coffee, but met her when we got back home).
So, the next hurdle is my yard sale this Saturday (praying for good weather) and then next week we'll be in the final stages of packing.
so it is real.
2 comments:
WOW..your life is not boring at all right now.
We will be praying for Ev and you........Jen
Oh man, that is so scary! With all the deer around here I've been extra scared about those although Michigan is not one of the high risk locales for Lyme's I guess. Glad you caught it though.
Why is it these types of things always happen when life is already crazy?!
Post a Comment