So I realized there were a few things I didn't mention or update in the last few weeks, so here goes...
- Had two little visits with my parents, one was a 2-day visit and one was just a dinner visit (& movie with my dad). It seems like the new company they just signed on with will be giving them regular trips south, which will be great!
- Everlea wrapped up her Pre-school I swimming class. It was a rough start that first day, but it got better each class and by the end she was doing awesome. Her final class she surprised us all by going completely under water numerous times, something that was a challenge for her all along. I was very proud of her. We decided to skip Oct. and do the Pre-school II class in Nov.
- The weather has turned quite beautiful here. It's consistently in the mid-to high 70's, and right now I'm sitting outside while Ev rides her bike, and it's glorious.
- And speaking of bike riding, Ev is doing great on her bike, and even convinced me to pull out mine last week (I haven't ridden in many many years). It's worked out well because often when Ran returns home from work in the early evening we are able to do family bike rides. I'm enjoying that alot, and it ends up being great fun and exercise for Rogs too as he runs beside Ran on his bike. My goal is to find some more bike riding trails around here to go to.
-We've gone to see a few houses in the past few weeks. There are a few possibilities, we are going to see another one tonight with our realtor. It's actually the original house we were interested in many months ago, that is back on for even less. Not holding my breath, because many of them are already in foreclosure, so usually there are multiple offers on the table, but I'm guessing sooner or later one will work out. We are re-looking the short term flip idea, with the instability of the economy right now, but we'll see. We are keeping all options open.
-We did our second small group night this past Friday, and it went well. It is a nice group around our age, so we'll see how it progresses. We are still very much in the beginning stages of getting to know everyone, and them us, as we are the newbies.
- Saturday we did some yard saling. They seem to regularly have whole subdivision/community sales here, so you can sometimes just park and walk around numerous ones which is convenient. We got a great deal on an executive leather office chair for $10, we've been needing one since moving, so were very happy with the find and price. I also, in the afternoon, went to a holiday craft fair with my friend Carol. It was held at my gym and it was quite large. I bought a few Christmas presents, it's a little hard for me switching in the Christmas mode already, but I know it's going to come quicker than I realize.
That pretty much gets me up to date to Sunday, which was our trip to the apple orchard!
This week we are looking forward to a visit from Randy's mom. Ran is taking this Friday off, to get a little extra visiting time in, so another long weekend will be great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love all the updates! hope you're having fun with Ran's Mom!
Post a Comment