It's been a relatively uneventful week as far as I can remember, it's getting close to midnight and my brain is officially shutting down, so I can barely remember what I did yesterday. :) It was, however, my last full week with my little girlfriend before she starts her new pre-school 3 mornings a week (although her first week will just be 2 days with the holiday weekend plus our extra day away in the mountains). So, we filled our week with shopping, the gym & indoor pool, walks & biking (Ev), we had a playdate/babysitting with her friend Carly on Thurs. here at our house, and on Friday eve. she went to Carly's, so Ran and I could get out for a date (went to see Hancock and Applebee's supper afterwards). We again took the convertible (a must for our little nights out, the evenings are so gorgeous here) and it was a fun evening. :)
Today (Saturday) we ran errands all day, ate a late lunch at a new little Mexican rest. where Ran proceeded to eat a burrito the size of a small child (we couldn't stop laughing about it), it easily weighed a few pounds, and he is still feeling the effects many hours later. lol. It was so yummy though, I had a pulled pork quesadilla and couldn't finish it, the portions were so stinkin' huge.
Tonight I ran more errands while Ran stayed home and the Anderson kids came over for the evening while their parents had a function to attend. I got home with some movies and watched one with them until they headed off home. I needed to get more stuff done for our trip tomorrow, but why do tonight (when your exhausted) when you can put it off til tomorrow morning (and be even more stressed about it). Aah well, I'll just set the alarm. :)
The plan tomorrow is to hook up with Lisa and Brian (probably early afternoon) at a mountain cabin we have booked, and enjoy a few nights up there and then they will come home with us for the rest of the week. We found out Randy's brother Lyle will be out for the week, for a wedding of a friend, so he'll visit with us for a few days too.
So, I'm looking forward to visitors and another little getaway, probably our last for a little while anyways, as summer is officially winding down (although not really weather wise for us).
I'll finish the post with a little hidden camera video I took of Ran reading Fox and Socks to Everlea the other night. She has requested it alot lately for her nightly book reading with daddy, and he happily obliges. I'll sit smiling in the other room listening to his twisted tongue and her bouts of giggles. It's just a little section of it, as the book is kinda long, and you might need your volume up higher than usual.
Happy Labor Day weekend everybody!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awwww - that was so sweet! Miss you guys!!!
Hop you enjoy your little getaway and visits with family:)
That video was great! I laughed out loud:) Looks like you are all having a wonderful time as usual! Have a great visit with your families. I can't wait to see the pics from the mountain getaway.
That was AWESOME.
Hope your family times are awesome, too...
we need to skype soon; I need a Wendy-fix!!! :-) I'll wait till I know you're back from your trip.
Love ya guys!
Post a Comment