Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The updating begins... The NH part of our vacation...

Well the fun has officially come to an end, as about 1/2 hr ago we just waved goodbye to my parents. I figure with a little downtime right now, I'd get going on updating my blog.


Ev and I flew from Charlotte to Boston on Tuesday, August 5th. Everything went smoothly and we were picked up by our good friends the Boisverts.

We had a great time with them and because it rained a good part of our week in NH we did some indoor outings, including a free movie, Curious George at a local theater (a fun time despite waiting outside in the rain to get in, and a few glitches mid-movie). We were pretty relaxed with our coffees (the moms) and blanket, drinks and snacks for the kids (all great prep and organization by Jen, thanks!)

We also made a trip to BounceU where we met up with our friends the Steels, Savages and Mellors.

A sweet moment during our BounceU outing was when I picked up my mom (who had arrived with my dad the day before and was staying at Lis & Bri's house) so she could enjoy the time with us. Everlea had no idea they were out, so when she saw grandma, this was the result after a few initial moments of shyness and silliness. :)

The times it wasn't raining, the kids were outside in the Boisverts yard for hours on end collecting frogs and salamanders. Everlea was totally in her element, they all got along wonderfully, and, while the kids were enjoying time with each other it gave Jen and I a chance to just relax, hang out and catch up.

Another fun time for me was on Wedn. night getting together with some girlfriends for a combined birthday get-together for Jen and I (2 days apart). We did yummy Outback takeout and savored some tasty sweet treats from the Black Forest Cafe. I was also blessed with a gift certificate to a local (NC) paint your own pottery shop from Kristin and Karen ..can't wait to get use out of that. Thanks girls. Jen also gave me a beautiful silver bracelet. A great night with great friends...
Our time in NH came to an end on Friday morning. Everlea had a tearful goodbye again, but this time I was able to assure her that the fun times had not come to an end and more were to come in our next leg of our vacation, the Downeaster (church campout) in Maine. Thanks for the wonderful hospitality Boisvert family!
As much as I'm enjoying our life here in NC, spending time with my NH friends makes me wish I could just transport them all down here with us!! It was also very weird for me going to NH as a visitor, as in many ways it still feels like home. I'm not sure if that feeling will ever go away, if I'll feel that way about NC one day too. I really have no idea what the future holds as far as where we'll be living, but for now I'll just enjoy my trips back to NH and hopefully they won't be too few or far between, as it's a state that holds some very dear people close to my heart.
(Note: snagged some of the pics from Jen and 1 from Karen as the batteries in my camera died mid-trip)

1 comment:

The Boisverts said...

What a relaxing time we had! I still can't believe how many consequtive hours Logan and Ev played together without bickering even once. They are bosom buddies for sure! It was so nice to have you here in NH!