I decided for my birthday (since it fell on a weekday) I wanted to do a day trip to the mountains and specifically waterfalls this weekend. (I really wanted to go to Charleston, SC too, but will hopefully save that trip for my parents visit in a few weeks). Unbeknownst to me parts of NC are known as the "land of waterfalls" and apparently there are many. It took us about 2 1/2 hrs to get to the 3 we visited today, and it was awesome. We hiked on various paths (easy to moderate walk) to 3 different sets of falls (in the pics in order Hooker Falls, Triple Falls and High Falls). All three had spots where you could swim at the base of them (2 of which we did) and the water was divine. Clear, cool and refreshing. The scenery was amazing and we had a great day with perfect weather too. Pictures just don't do it justice, but I can't wait to go back to check out some of the other spots as they each have their own unique beauty.






I'm very tired and still have to clean my house (for the Dukelow and Poulin visit tomorrow) and start packing for my NH trip (first thing Tues. morning), but figured I'd better update and unload my pics as I'm not sure how much, if at all, I'll be able to do it in the next week. For more pics check out my facebook page. :)
This video below was at High Falls, a few brave souls, in my opinion anyways, (Ran would have done it but was already dried off and didn't want to walk back with wet shorts again) found this to be a great natural waterslide.
2 comments:
It is so beautiful! I can almost hear the water! I think we will have to check out the waterfalls near us now! Mom S.
I am SO jealous- that place looks BEAUTIFUL! Two comments- first the guy in the front of the video looks naked:) and is that a little kid sliding down- cause I don't think I would be brave enough to let my kid do that!
Post a Comment