Friday, July 25, 2008

Um, yah so I get a call from Randy today...

... and apparently he spent his afternoon in the ER. He slit his wrist! (which I know sounds terrible, but be assured this was not a suicide attempt. :) He was using a utility knife taking glue off of some cabinets at work and the knife slipped and caught his wrist slicing it pretty deep. It bled quite profusely but he found out later he didn't hit an artery, just a vein, yah just.

He had to get 4 stitches and a tetanus shot. The funny thing (to me) about the story is that in his attempt to save time and money for his company (thankfully worker's comp covers it) he opted not to get any Novocaine to speed the process along... I would have been "knock me out please"!!
It's interesting to me too that in his years and years of working in the carpentry business he has yet to end up in the hospital, and 6 weeks into a new job he winds up there. Needless to say he was extremely embarrassed by the whole situation, but the boss was very sympathetic.
Ahhh the fun never ends around here. :)

3 comments:

The Boisverts said...

Mark and I were looking at your facebook page.. I had to show him the pics of you and Lisa as little girls! And I saw your comment about Ran not being too hurt so we were like "whaaaat?"

Ummm...yeah, really glad it was "JUST" a vein! Ahhhhhh!!!!
Glad you're ok, Ran! Hey, you had to have your first injury sometime, right?!
PS: if you miss us that much in NC you seriously don't have to try to kill yourself... just move back here to NH! It'll be okay, Ran, I promise! heehee

ljm said...

This reminds me of a shot we have of Scott with a nail in his arm...Yikes, glad he's ok.

Anonymous said...

Glad he's ok! Eek! Seeing his wound makes me woozy... Lis