Friday, July 4, 2008

From 80 to a teenager all in one day...

Today I finally tried out the fitness center I signed up at a few weeks ago. We've been using my membership the last few weeks for the water park, but haven't really gotten into the rhythm of the fitness end of it yet. Ev happily went in the childcare room while I got my tour (it's quite the big and nice place) and then did my workout. After getting all exercised and sweaty, I picked her up and we walked next door to enjoy the waterpark for a few hours, so I'm hoping to make that our consistent little schedule a few days each week.

Yesterday my friend Carol and I did a Billy Banks Bootcamp exercise video at her house, that really kicked my butt, and with the combination of that and my workout at the gym today, I find that if I sit for a period of time, all the long unused muscles, that I suddenly decided to work on in the last 2 days, are loudly protesting and stiffening up, making me feel like an 80 yr old woman. :)

Tonight the Andersons offered to take Ev so Ran and I could go on a long overdue date night, so we took the Celica and went out and enjoyed dinner and a movie.

With the top down and the music cranking on a gorgeous summer evening with the sky full of stars, we commented how we felt like we were teenagers again...

...and as long as I just sat there, and didn't attempt any fast movement, it was a great feeling. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Wen,Ran &Everlea& Rogan Happy Forth of July So happy that you & Ran finally had a date nite. So great of Carol & Blake to babysit for you.Glad you were also able to use that gym. Wish I could especially be near a gym and waterpark like that. WOW Love you all Mom

The Boisverts said...

Sounds like you're living it up in NC! Good for you guys! Love the new ride and love that you have been having a blast. Doesn't sound boring down there, that's for sure!!! Can't wait for a visit, maybe this fall...
big hugs and big "miss ya's" from the Boisvert clan.