Sorry no pretty pictures of them, but in the last few days we've enjoyed some new birds to our feeders, which include some pretty little eastern blue birds (a male) and a few juvenile bluebirds (can tell that by some research)...the 2 juveniles were having fun in the bird bath, which was cute to watch.
We finally got a hummingbird today too, although not to my pretty feeder yet, I bought a little cheap 0.98 cent one at Walmart, and go figure he went to that one (I think because it's a lot brighter red).
Everlea makes me laugh often with made up names for some birds she sees. But this, by far, is my favorite that she spotted the other day...
Everlea: "Mama, look I think that bird is a boycatcher... (me laughing) (she pauses)
"Similar to a flycatcher (which is a real bird we see) but a little different" lol.
I must say we are developing quite a little bird watching lover out of her, she often spots the "cool ones" before I do, and she still gets excited when she sees the "regulars" on our feeders. :)
We finally got a hummingbird today too, although not to my pretty feeder yet, I bought a little cheap 0.98 cent one at Walmart, and go figure he went to that one (I think because it's a lot brighter red).
Everlea makes me laugh often with made up names for some birds she sees. But this, by far, is my favorite that she spotted the other day...
Everlea: "Mama, look I think that bird is a boycatcher... (me laughing) (she pauses)
"Similar to a flycatcher (which is a real bird we see) but a little different" lol.
I must say we are developing quite a little bird watching lover out of her, she often spots the "cool ones" before I do, and she still gets excited when she sees the "regulars" on our feeders. :)
1 comment:
Ev's boycatcher comment is again one of the funnier things I have heard! The girl cracks me up!
Post a Comment