Monday, July 7, 2008

A rewarding little project...

I am not and likely will never be a diehard gardener. I like the results, but the work isn't my favorite thing in the world to say the least...esp. in hot weather.

But, we had these 2 patio planters overgrown with weeds and this little empty flower garden area in our yard that I felt desperately needed some color, and I love flowers, so I headed out in search of something I could plant there.

On Saturday afternoon while Ev and daddy hung out at home I headed over to Walmart and took my time looking at a variety of flowers in the garden center. I happened upon the clearance part of it and was quite thrilled to walk away with almost all my flowers 50% off.

I got home and with my enthusiastic little gardener sidekick Everlea helping me, we dug up the dirt and got all our flowers planted minutes before we felt the first droplets of rain come.

Normally Ran is the gardener in the family, but since he was otherwise occupied doing some maintenance work on his car, I decided it was all on me. I was so happy with the final result and I love looking out our breakfast nook windows during mealtimes and seeing the birds and now pretty flowers too!

Plus, somehow I think completed projects are just that much more rewarding when your own blood, sweat and tears go into it. Ok, maybe no tears, and little blood except for a tiny pricker in my finger, but lots of sweat! :)


2 comments:

The Boisverts said...

Looks great, you two! And an extra blessing that your gift in discount shopping came in once again in getting all of the flowers for a bargain! Way to go!!!! Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Wen what a cute and pretty yard and garden you have. You and Everlea did a great job. It's always rewarding when you do a project yourself.Your flowers are so pretty.Glad you got a good deal. Love Mom -Gramma L.