Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Starting up Again...

This is another attempt to get my blog up and running again. Wow it's been a whole year since my last post and I'm not planning to do much catching up of the last year except in bullets (and a few pics) since it was a memorable year in so many ways and I want to remember....which is the main reason I'm starting this up again, I do want to remember. The little details of my life, the milestones of my children, the things they say, the prayers that are answered, the joys and sorrows, the highs and lows that make up my life. I want to remember. and I know if I don't record this stuff, than I won't, because my brain is a sieve.

Anyways my last post was June of 2009, it is now June 2010. Phew.
Since then, we bought a house. Love the neighborhood.

-Everlea started Kindergarten in Sept 09, and turned 6 on March 17, 2010. She is growing up before our eyes.
Our beautiful Larkyn Tori was born Oct. 7, 2010 and is a joyful addition to our little family. She was 5 lbs 7 oz, born a week before due date. My water broke late in the afternoon on Oct. 6 and she was born vaginally (VBAC) at 6 a.m. on the 7th.



- Have made some wonderful friends that live right past our back yard, we can actually communicate sometime by talking from our backyards.


- Have had a stream of visitors incl. my mom (out for 5 weeks after LT was born, sister Lisa after Larkyn was born in Nov. 09. My great friend Jen B. and her son Logan in Nov. also. Then for Christmas of 2009 we ventured to NH in our 95 4-runner that got us round trip over 1800 miles, the actual trip was horrendously long, but all thing considered went really well. Visitors in 2010 have included so far, cousins Kristie and Shelley in March (making a trip to Myrtle Beach with them also meeting up with cousins Ang and John and Summer), Randy's brother Mark and family came in April, my U. Jock and friend Lloyd W. end of April and another mini trip last weekend from Mark and Brandi and Kira, out for a job interview for Mark (got the job) and it looks like they'll be moving within a few hours of us in a few months! My parents also have squeezed in trips throughout the year too.

- Made a trip to NH solo with the girls in May 2010 for cousin's Chris's wedding. Not planning to travel w/out my husband in the near future, but overall it went well and both girls did awesome in the plane rides.

- Last but not least, sure I'm missing events, but after almost 2 years with JKH Cabinets, Ran started a new job with The Stoneman, the co. our new neighbor friend (prev. mentioned) works for. He's been with them almost 3 weeks and is really happy with the change.

Ran and I were talking the other day about looking back and seeing things unfold in the last year that either seemed good or bad at the time, but all of it was leading us somewhere...to a house and neighborhood we like, to meeting new and dear friends and ultimately to a new job for Ran that has alot of interesting and neat potential for him. God has been good to us, it hasn't been an easy road, but we are blessed, so very very blessed.
Oh and Rogan's doing well too, still our big hairy happy boy, turned 9 in August 2009. :)

So here I go again... keeping fingers crossed now that I'm caught up, this will be easier.

2 comments:

Karen said...

:) Miss you guys!!!

Darren said...

Hurray for blogging again! Keep it up, especially the pictures.

The house looks really great.