Saturday, June 19, 2010

Kitchen - Before and After

We decided when we moved here the kitchen would likely be the first room we'd tackle for a makeover...although the house is only about 10 yrs old, the kitchen needed a facelift. :) We are not esp. fans of oak cabinetry and we felt the space needed brightening and modernizing. Once again Randy put in many sweat equity hours over the last few months getting it done. It was expremely labor intensive, esp. the glazing. It was mostly done for awhile, but last weekend he got the island painted which was one of the main things left...I think he has some nail holes to fill and some moulding to put up eventually but it feels mostly done and I don't have to nag any longer...Me nag? Never. :)

The cabinets were painted a cream color and he did an expresso brown glazing. He tiled the backsplash adding in some accent pieces. He removed the laminate countertop and replaced it with tan brown granite tiles. Painted the island the expresso brown color to accent the piece with the cabinet glaze. We also changed some of the cabinet hardware with some simple round knobs. We were really happy with the final result. I cannot take any credit for the work, it was all Ran but I was my usual frugal self in doing alot of research and getting the best deals I could on the materials I picked out.

Once we get the walls painted, likely our next big undertaking as some point, it'll add another nice dimension to the room and make the cabinets pop out more...but for now I'm appreciating my "new" kitchen :) and thankful for my resourceful, handy and hardworking husband.
Working with his little helper :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Randy sure did an awesome job on your kitchen ,Wen!! Sure am proud of my talented son-in-law and great daddy,too!!! Sure thankful for your good choice of hubby,sweetie!!! Give him a hug from me for a job well done!! Love Mama and Pops