After searching for a long time today for Everlea's pool pass bracelet from last year to no avail, I was getting increasingly agitated. Sensing my frustration Ev commented "life doesn't always work out the way we want it to right?" I laughed due to her saying such a grown up thing, but I responded "that's true, but God does take care of us through it all" (kind of a deep discussion all from a missing pool pass I thought). Soon afterwards as I was still looking she said "well we could pray about it right, but I'm not sure that'll help?" again laughing, I said "no, your right we should pray about it"...so I said a quick prayer. About 5 min. later she remarked "well I guess your prayer didn't help right?" (ahh we are such a generation of instant gratification) but I told her I hadn't stopped looking...about 5 min. after that guess what I found!...and in a somewhat obscure spot too.
After we both cheered, I said "see God does answer our prayers!" Funny thing after all this (her suggesting to pray) she wasn't totally convinced that it was God that helped us find it, so it opened up a whole great conversation on prayer, God caring about everything in our life the big and little things, and Everlea asking if we could ever hear God talk to us.
It was a great lesson for my 5 yr old, but after dealing with some stressful situations over the past few weeks, a lot bigger than a lost pool pass, it was a great reminder for me too.
and...yes God does talk to us, because today I heard him loud and clear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Precious little pumpkin.I know it's hard for her to understand now, but pray the Lord shows Himself to her as time goes by. He sure must love our sweet girl!!
What a great story. And what a great God.
Hello there! I ran across your blog URL today as I was doing some things and thought I'd take a peek. What a great story! Everlea reminds me so much of Jesse, who is also five and who also asks a lot of questions that end with, "right?" or "right, Mama?" I'll try to stop by more frequently. :)
Post a Comment