
Last Saturday we did another day trip to the Mtns. I was really hoping to catch some good leaf peeping, and we wanted to get some more trail hiking in. We were able to enjoy both immensely. The drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway was interrupted on numerous occasions by me exclaiming "Ran stop, I want to get a picture." :)


In the evening as we climbed up a big overlook hill, where in one spot you can see almost 360 deg. of views, we watched as the sun set over the mountains. We played, laughed and at one point I just stood in silence as the sky turned beautiful shades of blues, pinks and golds. We couldn't stop oohing and ahhing. The words of the song "How Great Thou Art" came to mind... "Oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder, consider all the works Thy hands have made..."



...it was another memorable joy filled day...
No comments:
Post a Comment